Professional Wi-Fi site surveys anyone can do. Conduct unlimited health check and validation surveys with just the Sidekick 2 and iOS or Android device of your choice.
The Easiest, Most Accurate Validation and Health Check Site Surveys
Connected to Sidekick 2, the Ekahau Survey mobile app provides the most intuitive, accurate and enjoyable way to survey wireless networks. The ease of use of Just Go Survey together with the instant optimization action plans automatically generated by Ekahau Optimizer put an end to poor-performing networks and make awesome Wi-Fi not only attainable, but easy for anyone to manage.
5 Intuitive Survey Modes for Any Situation
Collect accurate Wi-Fi data at the client level with just the Sidekick 2 and your phone or tablet. Ekahau Survey is up to 90% lighter and is way faster than using a laptop.
Forget floor plan prep and manually tracking your location. Simply take your Sidekick for a walk around your network and watch as your floor plan sketch and Wi-Fi data get captured automatically. Just Go Surveys are accurate, fast, and hassle free.
Autopilot survey mode automatically tracks your location on your uploaded floorplan map while continuously collecting survey data at every step. This mode is easy, hands-free, and perfect when you have a floorplan to work from.
Continuous surveys collect data at every step along the path marked by the surveyor. Just tap your location on the floorplan anytime you start, stop, or turn to capture a new line segment. Continuous surveys are a great alternative for devices that don’t support Autopilot mode.
Stop & Go allows the surveyor to collect data limited to certain areas. Click your location on the floorplan and wait as the data is collected before moving to a new location.
This survey mode is extremely valuable in outdoor areas or vast open spaces where there are limited landmarks available for orientation. Available for devices with GPS radios.
Add Survey Notes and Document with Photo Evidence
Use the camera built into your iPhone or iPad to take photos of installed APs to include in your reports or to document obstacles or potential issues while you survey. Take notes on the go so you never miss a detail whether validating a new network or performing ongoing health checks.
Hours of Uninterrupted Surveying
Paired with Ekahau Sidekick 2, which houses an all-day dedicated rechargeable battery, you can keep surveying longer without needing to recharge.
Survey Data is the Key to Unlocking Powerful Features Built into Ekahau
Instantly boost Wi-Fi performance and security with a step-by-step optimization plan customized for your network based on your surveyed data.
Improve design accuracy and eliminate hidden wall attenuation anomalies with automatic wall calibration. Use your measured Sidekick 2 survey data to highlight wall inconsistencies in your design and click-to-accept recommended changes for better, more accurate designs.
Save countless hours in initial setup time and eliminate error-prone manual entry by using the accuracy of the Sidekick 2 to deploy a fully-provisioned network based on verified measured data.
Collaborate across teams and work concurrently on the same project to leverage onsite staff and remote Wi-Fi experts. Just walk the site with Sidekick 2 and Survey to collect all the network health data needed. That’s it. Ekahau Cloud ensures your project is synced while Ekahau Insights compiles summary statistics for your projects.
Do Even More with Ekahau Sidekick 2 and the Connect Subscription
Automatically detect configuration issues and simplify ongoing maintenance with easy, step-by-step recommendations.
Check live network health, conduct packet captures and troubleshoot with easy to use mobile apps for iOS and Android.
View network performance analytics and share Ekahau files with guests to view in browser.
With Sidekick 2, our Ekahau Connect mobile apps are more powerful than ever before
(and don’t worry, you can still use Sidekick 2 with your laptop, too).
Wi-Fi Site Surveys
- Perform 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax (Wi-Fi 6E and previous generations) touch-operated site surveys
- Autopilot Survey with automated location tracking capability
- Access points automatically located during survey
- Define exactly which channels to scan
- Annotate floorplans with text, photos, and drawings from iPhone’s & iPad’s built in camera
- Import projects from Ekahau AI Pro
- Ekahau Cloud and Ekahau Sidekick 2 integration for automatic saving and syncing
System Requirements (iOS)
- Apple iPhone or iPad with iOS 13 or newer
- iPhone 6s / iPhone SE or newer; 12.9-inch iPad Pro (all models); 11-inch iPad Pro; 9.7-inch iPad Pro; iPad (5th generation); iPad Air & iPad Air 2; iPad Mini 2 or newer models
- If your iOS devices does not support LiDAR, the Just Go Survey mode will not be available for you to use
- Cable Requirements: USB-C to USB-C cable (iPhone 15 and iPad Pro models), Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter or Apple USB-C to USB Adapter (iPhone 14 and older iPhones and iPads with Lightning connector)
System Requirements (Android)
- Android OS 9 or newer
- Compatible models: 4+ GB RAM, Quad Core CPU, 1080 x 1920 screen resolution
- Cable Requirements: Android OTG (On the Go) cable connected directly to the Sidekick 2
- Ekahau Sidekick or Sidekick 2
- Ekahau Connect Subscription
*Just Go Survey, Autopilot Survey mode, and Inspect mode currently available for iOS only.